Good personal and environmental hygiene:
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently.
- Avoid touching your face, in particular your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Maintain good ventilation in your home.
- Do not go out if you are feeling unwell, except to see a doctor. If you are unwell with fever or respiratory symptoms such as cough, sore throat or runny nose, put on a mask and seek medical attention from the nearest GP or Public Health Preparedness Clinic (PHPC) immediately, regardless of the severity of symptoms.
If going out:
- Stay outdoors or in well-ventilated areas, rather than indoors.
- Keep a safe distance from others.
- Avoid mingling in large groups and crowded places.
- Avoid sharing food and cutlery.
More home-based activities:
- Engage in TV-based or online-based activities.
- Explore tele-commuting possibilities with your employer (if applicable).
- Explore having essential supplies, e.g. food, groceries and medication delivered to your doorstep if necessary.
- Reduce social gatherings at home or visiting others in groups.
For Family Members and Caregivers of Seniors
- When visiting seniors or coming home to seniors, wash hands with soap and water.
- Do not share food or cutlery with seniors.
- Ensure that seniors’ homes are clean and well-ventilated.
- If seniors have fever or respiratory symptoms, regardless of severity, bring them to seek immediate medical care at the nearest PHPC.
- If you are unwell, refrain from interacting with seniors and seek medical care.
- If you are returning from overseas, refrain from interacting with seniors for a 14-day period.
Sources: Ministry of Health.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.