Preparation time: 20 hrs
Cooking time: 10 mins
- Cooked brown rice (refrigerate overnight) 300gm
- Vegetable oil (e.g. corn, canola or sunflower), 2 tsp
- Shallots (chopped), 2
- Garlic (chopped), 3
- Red chili flakes, 2 tsp
- Egg, 1
- Fish sauce, ½ tbsp
- Tomato sauce, 2 tbsp
- Dark soya sauce, ¼ tsp
- Cashew nut (roasted), 25 gm
- Pineapple (diced), ¼ cup
- Shrimps, 6
- Mussels, 4
- Spring onions (chopped) for garnish
- Coriander leaves (chopped) for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add the shallots, garlic, chili flakes and stir until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the shrimps and mussels; stir fry for a minute.
- Turn off the fire and add the boiled rice, diced pineapple, cashew nuts and the sauces (tomato, soya sauce and fish sauce); stir to mix evenly.
- Turn the fire to medium low heat; push the rice one side of the pan. Pour the beaten egg into the other side and cook then mix with the rice.
- Turn the fire to high, tossing the fried rice to separate the grains.
- Garnish with spring onions and coriander leaves before serving.
Nutrients per Serving:
Energy: 408 kcal
Source: Singapore Heart Foundation
(contributed by Chef Sakthivel Karrupaiah of AllSpice Culinary Arts Education Centre Pte Ltd)
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.