- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 birk’s eye chili (or more)
- 200g chicken thigh meat
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 6 baby corns
- 1 large stalk of gai lan
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp Golden Mountain seasoning
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 200g flat rice noodles (dry weight)
- 1 large handful of basil leaves
- 1 large red chili
- Soak the dried noodles in hot water for ten minutes or until they are soft and translucent. Drain and set it aside.
- Cut the chicken thigh meat into one-inch length pieces. Marinate with B for fifteen minutes.
- Place the bird’s eye chilies and garlic into a mortar and grind them into a paste.
- Peel off the fibrous surface of the Chinese broccoli stem. Cut them into one to two inches sections.
- Slice each baby corns on the bias into three sections.
- Cut a large red chili into thin rings and remove the seeds.
- Clean the basil and use the leaves only.
- Heat some oil over low heat in the wok. Saute the garlic and chili until aromatic, which will take less than a minute.
- Add the chicken thigh meat and stir-fry over low to medium heat until it starts to turn color.
- Add the Chinese broccoli and baby corns to the wok. Continue stir-frying until the stem of the vegetable become soft.
- Add the noodles to the wok.
- Add all the seasoning D to the wok.
- Stir-fry over high heat until you can smell the wok aroma.
- Turn off the heat, and add the basil leaves and sliced red chilies. When all the leaves are wilted, transfer the noodles to the serving plate to serve immediately.
For more tips on this recipe, click here to the original article!
Source: Taste of Asian Food. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.