This recipe uses the Thai basil eggplant as an example to show how to cook eggplant that is full of flavor, fresh in color, and not soggy.
To main ingredients (A)
- 300 g eggplant
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 150g minced meat (pork or chicken)
The sauce (B)
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp water
- 4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 4 bird's eyes chilies, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Red chili to garnish
- Cut the eggplant into slices. Soak them in water with salt and vinegar. Let it stand for 15 minutes, then drain on a paper towel.
- Pan-fry the eggplant with some oil until both sides turn slightly brown.
- Stir Fry the minced meat with some oil in a pan. When cooked, push it aside and add the chopped garlic, onions, kaffir lime leaves, and chopped bird's eye chili. When they become aromatic, add the sauce B.
- Return the eggplant to the pan. Add some water and cook the eggplant until it is soft.
- Add a bunch of fresh basil leaves. Stir-fry until the leaves shrivel. Dish out and garnish with chopped red chili and more basil leaves.
For more tips on this recipe, click here to the original article!
Source: Taste of Asian Food. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.