Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 5 mins
• 100g couscous
• 1 tsp rice bran oil
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 salmon fillets
• 200g sprouting broccoli, roughly shredded, larger stalks removed
• Juice of 1 lemon
• Seeds from half a pomegranate
• Small handful pumpkin seeds
• 2 handfuls watercress
• Olive oil and extra lemon wedges, to serve
1. Heat water in a tier steamer. Season the couscous, then toss with 1 tsp rice bran oil.
2. Pour boiling water over the couscous so it covers it by 1cm, then set aside.
3. When the water in the steamer comes to the boil, tip the broccoli into the water, then lay the salmon in the tier above.
4. Cook for 3 minutes until the salmon is cooked and the broccoli is tender.
5. Drain the broccoli and run it under cold water to cool.
6. Mix together the olive oil and lemon juice.
7. Toss the broccoli, pomegranate seeds and pumpkin seeds through the couscous with the lemon dressing.
8. At the last moment, roughly chop the watercress and toss through the couscous.
9. Serve with the salmon, lemon wedges for squeezing over and extra olive oil for drizzling, if you like.
Source: Prime Magazine Dec Issue. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.