No. of Servings: 10
Serving size: 250 ml
1. Vegetable 2 cubes seasoning cube
2. Hot water 2 litres
3. Shredded cabbage 400 gm
4. Small carrot, grated 200 gm
5. Spring onion, separate 50 gm white and green parts
6. Cornflour 40 gm
7. Soy sauce 20 ml
8. White vinegar 20 ml
9. Red chilli paste 20 gm
10. Pepper 5 gm
11. Salt to taste
12. Cooking oil 40 ml
13. Garlic, crushed 20 gm
1. Heat oil in a soup pot and add garlic. Fry till fragrant.
2. Add cabbage, carrots and white part of spring onions. Sauté well.
3. Add soy sauce, white vinegar, chilli paste and continue to fry for 2 minutes. Add water and bring mixture to a boil.
4. Add vegetable seasoning cubes, salt and pepper. Mix cornflour with water and thicken the soup.
5. Cook on low heat for 4-5 minutes till the soup thickens.
Garnish with finely chopped spring onion greens. Serve hot.
Note: Vegetable seasoning cubes contain a lot of salt. Taste before adding more salt.
Source: Singapore Silver Pages, an initiative by the Agency for Integrated Care. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.