- 2 cups of brown rice
- Half a cup of glutinous rice
- 1 cup of gingko nuts
- Half packet of bean curd skin (that will soften)
- 2 chicken thighs
- Spring onions
- Light soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Soak the brown rice and glutinous rice for 2 hours.
- Remove shells of gingko nuts, boil gingko nuts for 10 minutes to remove the skin and the buds.
- Soak the bean curd skin, wash and keep aside.
- Cut chicken thighs into cubes and season with light sauce and pepper.
- Put rice mixture to boil until all soft.
- Add in the cleaned gingko nuts and soaked bean curd skin and continue to boil.
- Stir in the seasoned chicken cubes and continue to boil until cooked.
- Season porridge with salt & pepper.
- Serve, sprinkle with spring onions as topping.
“The ingredients promote better breathing in patients with cough or asthma, and in general, lessen the frequency of urination in the night, help to reduce tiredness and slow down the ageing process.” -- Dr Gu Fa Long, Medical Director, Hua Mei Acupuncture & TCM Centre.
Source: Longevity Times Issue 04 by Tsao Foundation. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.