Makes 8 pcs in 2-inch square mould
- 100g glutinous rice, soak and drain.
- 95ml water
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¾ tsp sugar
- 1 banana leaf, cut into squares (follow mould size)
- Some sambal chilli
- Some cucumber slices
- Some crispy sambal anchovies
1. Mix glutinous rice with water, oil, salt, pepper and sugar.
2. Pour glutinous rice mixture into bowl. Steam over high heat for 15 mins. Turn over and continue to steam until cooked.
3. Line square tin with cling wrap. Pour in rice and flatten. Use knife to cut into desired size and shape.
4. Place sticky rice on banana leaf. Top with sambal chilli, cucumber and anchovies.
Source: Xin Flavours. Reproduced with permission by Ms Elaine Teng.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.