Makes 10 cupcakes
- 100g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs (about 140g)
- 40g sugar
- 120g corn oil
- 90g gula melaka syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tbsp Redman Coconut Shredded Flakes
- Some gula melaka syrup
1. Preheat oven to 165°C.
2. Combine flour with baking powder. Sift and set aside.
3. Stir-fry desiccated coconut without oil over low heat until lightly brown. Set aside.
4. Whisk egg with sugar. Add corn oil, gula melaka syrup and vanilla essence. Mix well. Add flour mixture and desiccated coconut. Whisk until smooth.
5. Pour batter into cupcake cases. Bake for about 25 to 30 mins. Remove and leave to cool.
6. Drizzle with gula melaka syrup and coconut flakes.
Tip: To test if a cupcake is fully baked, stick a toothpick into it. If it is ready, the toothpick will come out clean.
Source: Xin Flavours. Reproduced with permission by Ms Elaine Teng.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.