No. of Servings: 10
Serving size: 150 gm
1. Cooking oil 100 ml
2. Onion, sliced 200 gm
3. Chicken thigh, boneless, 900 gm cut into bite-sized pieces
4. Shallot, ground 20 gm
5. Garlic, ground 10 gm
6. Nutmeg, grated 5 gm
7. Kecap manis (sweet soy sauce) 40 gm
8. Salt 15 gm
9. Water 1 litre
1. Heat oil in pan and fry onions till brown over high heat. Set aside for later use.
2. In the same pan, add chicken and fry till brown. Set aside for later use.
3. In a clean pan, stir-fry ground shallots and garlic till fragrant. Add nutmeg and kecap manis and fry for 30 seconds.
4. Add in pre-fried onions, salt and water. Stir well and cook over high heat.
5. Add in chicken and simmer till tender.
6. Add pepper to taste. Serve immediately
Source: Singapore Silver Pages, an initiative by the Agency for Integrated Care. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.