½ tbsp olive oil
60g russet potato, diced
¼ tsp curry powder
- 6 cloves garlic with skin, cut off the tip
- 6 tsp olive oil
- 160g russet potatoes with skin, rinsed
- 10g Chinese mushrooms, soak and slice some salt some pepper
- 30g diced onion
- 1 tbsp flour
- 355ml water
- 118ml milk
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
1. Prepare Curry Potato: Heat up olive oil. Pan-fry diced potato over medium heat for 3 mins until golden brown. Add curry powder and stir well. Remove and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C.
3. Put garlic on aluminium foil. Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and wrap up. Put potatoes on baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and coat well. Add wrapped garlic. Bake for 45 mins.
4. Cut potatoes into half. Scoop out the flesh and discard skin. Cut half of the flesh into chunks. Mash the remaining. Remove garlic skin.
5. Heat up remaining olive oil. Stir-fry mushrooms for 3 mins. Season with salt and pepper. Add onion and stirfry for 1 min. Add flour and stir well to make roux.
6. Add potato chunks, mashed potato, roasted garlic, water, milk and dried thyme. Add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Turn to low heat and simmer for 10 mins until thick. Top with diced curry potatoes and serve.
Source: Xin Flavours. Reproduced with permission by Ms Elaine Teng
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.