Braised Penne in Stewed Tomato with Roasted Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 can Hunt’s stewed tomatoes, 411g
- 300ml water
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- 6 tsp corn starch, mix with 12 tsp water
- 60g red onion, cut into wedges
- 60g red capsicum, cut into wedges
- 60g carrot, cut into wedges
- 60g eggplant, cut into wedges
- 60g zucchini, cut into wedges
- 60g pumpkin, cut into wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, remove skin and crush slightly
- 4 tbsp olive oil 4 chicken thighs, each about 150g
- some salt
- some pepper
- 200g penne
- some Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 230°C.
2. Place all vegetables and garlic on baking tray. Drizzle with 3 tbsp olive oil and coat well.
3. Season chicken with remaining olive oil, some salt and pepper. Skewer each chicken thigh with 2 bamboo sticks. Put on the same baking tray with vegetables. Bake for 10 mins.
4. Remove vegetables and garlic. Turn chicken and bake for another 10 mins.
5. Remove chicken and retain gravy. Discard bamboo sticks.
6. Cook penne for about 10 mins until al dente. Rinse with water. Drain and set aside.
7. Prepare Stewed Tomatoes: Pour stewed tomatoes into pan. Use scissors to cut into smaller pieces. Add water, dried thyme and dried rosemary. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Thicken with cornstarch mixture.
8. Add roasted chicken and gravy. Bring to a boil again. Turn to low heat and simmer for 10 mins.
9. Add penne and simmer for 3 mins. Top with roasted vegetables. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Source: Xin Flavours. Reproduced with permission by Ms Elaine Teng
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.