Prep 35 mins • Cook 12 mins • Serves 2
FISH PASTE NOODLES
- 180g white fish meat, boneless and sliced
- ½ tsp egg white
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp corn flour
- 1½ tsp butterfly pea flower juice (mix 15 dried petals with some hot water and steep for 15 mins)
- Wilton blue colouring (optional)
- 100g pineapple
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp chopped mint leaves
- 4 prawns, cooked and roughly chopped
- 10g chopped coriander
- 10g shredded cabbage
- 10g carrot
- 10g purple cabbage
- 10g shredded cucumber
- 5g blanched beansprout
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 1 coconut shell, to serve
- 1 tomato rose, to garnish
- mint leaves, to garnish
1. Prepare the dressing. Blend the first 6 ingredients in a blender or food processor, then add in chopped lime and mint leaves. Chill in the fridge and garnish with pineapples and cucumber cubes before serving.
2. Prepare the Asian coleslaw. Mix the first 7 ingredients with lime juice, and chill in the fridge until ready to use.
3. Prepare the fish paste noodles. Blend all ingredients till smooth and easy to pipe. If mixture is too thick, add a tsp of water gradually.
4. Bring a small pot of water to a rolling boil. Reduce heat to medium.
5. Place fish paste mixture into a piping bag fitted with a small round hole nozzle.
6. Pipe the paste directly into the simmering water and allow it to float to the surface.
7. Scoop out with a mesh strainer and run tap water over the noodles to cool faster.
8. Add ice to noodles and set aside.
9. Mix cold noodles with Asian coleslaw and serve in coconut shell with minty pineapple dressing. Garnish with tomato rose and mint leaves.
Source: Food & Travel Magazine. Reproduced with permission by Ms Elaine Teng.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.