Prep time: 10min
Cook time: 45min
- 12/3 cups flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup dark brown sugar; Juice and zest of 1 orange
- ¼ cup of canola oil
- 2 carrots, grated
- 50g flaked almonds
• Pre-heat oven to 180 deg C.
• Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
• Whisk the flour mixture.
• In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat eggs until blended.
• Add the sugars and beat for two minutes. On low speed, beat in the orange juice and oil.
• Add flour mixture. Stir in the carrots and orange zest.
• Pour batter into pan. Top with almonds.
• Bake for 20 minutes. Lower oven temperature to 160 deg C and bake for another 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
• Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto rack and cool completely.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION (per serving)
Total fat: 7.5g
Dietary fibre: 1.5g
• Source: HPB
Source: The Straits Times © Singapore Press Holdings Limited. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.