- 700g of green beans, cut into halves
- 100g basil leaves, chopped
- 3 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. shelled, unsalted pistachios
- 3 tbsp. grated parmesan
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add beans and cook for 3-4 mins till tender-crisp. Reserve 2 tbsp. of cooking water. Drain beans and set aside.
2. Combine basil, pistachios, parmesan, oil, garlic, salt and reserved cooking water in a large bowl. Using a hand blender, blend till well mixed.
3. Add in green beans, toss until evenly coated and serve.
Pistachio nuts are an interesting and healthier substitute for snacks. It is also proven that pistachio nuts contain relatively higher levels of antioxidants, good fats and plant sterols, making it one of the healthier foods for our hearts.
Source: Prime Magazine Issue Jun-Jul 2015. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.