Are you passionate about health? Do you wish to contribute to Singapore’s health promotion efforts?
We are a community of volunteers who live healthier lifestyles and inspire others to do so. Our volunteers participate actively in Health Promotion Board (HPB) programmes and/or self-initiate activities in the community. Eventually, we hope to grow a social movement for healthy living within Singapore.
Whatever your preference, there’s a role for you in promoting health with HPB!
As a Health Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to promote various health topics, in the following roles:
1) Motivator: Educate and inspire others to take small steps towards healthy living. Usually at roadshows.
E.g. Encourage passers-by to choose healthier ingredients at supermarket; Encourage residents to go for post-screening medical follow-up.
2) Recruiter: Encourage others to participate in HPB's programmes.
E.g. Encourage smokers to quit, through HPB's I Quit 28 Days Countdown.
3) Befriender: Build rapport with residents and encourage them towards a healthier life
E.g. Follow-up with residents weekly through telephone calls, and help them to identify small steps they can take to meet their health goals.
4) Workshop Facilitators: Conduct workshop and talks on various health topics in the community.
E.g. Conduct a 1 hour workshop on weight management for seniors at SACs, Conduct a talk on the various health financing schemes. (e.g. CHAS)
5) Physical Activity Group Leaders: Lead short exercise sessions for small groups in the community.
E.g. Lead a group of 30 seniors through exercises to improve their strength (e.g. Quick 6)
What are your next steps?
1. Register your interest at http://tinyurl.com/JoinHAN
2. Attend the Health Advocacy Workshop.
- Sign up for your preferred workshop date in the registration form.
3. Attend a training session for your preferred role.
- HPB will offer you various roles, based on your interest, skills and commitment.
Note: Different roles may be available at different periods of the year.
- Training session will equipped you with all necessary knowledge and skills for you to do your duties effectively!
4. Serve as a Health Ambassador. Regular volunteering opportunities will be provided.
“As Health Ambassadors, we are able to gain the latest health insights, so as to help ourselves, our family and friends lead a healthier life.” – says Lim Yoon Chin (Health Ambassador 2011 – Present)
Sign up your interest to be a Health Ambassador now!
For more information, visit www.hpb.gov.sg/healthambassador or call HealthLine at 1800 223 1313 during office hours.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.