• 10g cordyceps, washed
• 10g dried longans
• 4 to 6 sticks of codonopsis root, soaked in hot water for 15 to 20 minutes
• 4 to 6 pcs red dates
• 1 sakura chicken
• 1 slice ginger
• 500ml hot water
• Salt, as desired
• Remove the chicken skin, then wash and blanch chicken in hot water. Rinse and wash the chicken again before setting it aside.
• Rinse codonopsis root with hot water.
• Brew all ingredients under medium heat for between 2 and 2½ hours.
• When soup is ready, season with salt before serving.
This dish addresses spleen and kidney qi deficiency, as well as blood deficiency. Cordyceps strengthens the kidney and lungs, codonopsis root strengthens the spleen, while longans and red dates improve blood quality. This soup also aids in building up a person's strength and immunity.
Source: The Straits Times © Singapore Press Holdings Limited. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.