Do you like pancakes that are fluffy on the inside? Do you like them lightly crisp and golden brown on the outside? Mmm… I have the perfect recipe for you. What’s more, you can also add other ingredients like chopped fruits, chocolate chips, and nuts to the batter. In this recipe, I have decided to add sweet corn in. Sweet corn is high in fibre and adds a nice crunch to the pancake too. Grease the pan with oil or butter and you will really love your pancakes.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 300 g self-raising flour
- 4 g salt (1 teaspoon)
- 40 g caster sugar
- 150 g freshly grated coconut
- 260 g sweet corn kernels (stripped from the cob or drained from a can)
- 2 egg yolks
- 200 ml water + 150 g coconut cream (or you can use milk)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- Canola oil for greasing pan
- Place the sifted flour, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the egg yolks and coconut milk until well combined. Make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in the coconut milk mixture.
- Start stirring to make a thick batter. Stir gently, just enough to moisten the dry ingredients. Over-mixing leads to tough pancakes.
- Add in the grated coconut and corn kernels and mix again.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Brush the base very lightly with oil.
- Drop 3 tablespoons of the batter onto the pan, leaving a little room between each pancake. When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip the pancakes over and cook for another minute, or until golden brown.
- Serve the warm pancakes with honey or chopped fruits
Credit: Chef Devagi Sanmugam @ http://spice-queen.com
Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.