2 medium-sized apples (Pink Lady or Gala), about 250g
1 egg beaten
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons sour cream
2-3 tablespoons flaked almonds
1) Pre-heat the oven to 180 deg C. Grease and line a 23cm wide cake baking pan with baking paper.
2) Peel, core and chop the apples into small pieces, place them in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle sugar over it.
3) Melt the butter in a small saucepan and add to the apples and sugar along together with the beaten egg.
4) Sift the flour, baking soda, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon and stir into the apple mixture.
5) Add raisins and sour cream. Mix well.
6) Spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle flaked almonds over the top. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
Source: The Straits Times © Singapore Press Holdings Limited. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.