- 4 bundles dry flat rice noodles
- 300g lean beef eye fillet, sliced thinly
- 1.5 L reduced salt beef stock
- 1 ½ tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 cup of beansprouts
- 4 wedges kalamansi lime
- ½ cup of coriander leaves
- ½ cup of basil leaves
- Prepare flat rice noodles according to instructions on the packaging. Divide cooked noodles evenly into four bowls. Top with sliced beef.
- Bring beef broth to a boil and add in Chinese five spice powder.
- Pour hot soup stock over sliced beef fillet and noodles. The heat from the broth should gently cook the meat.
- Serve with beansprouts, coriander leaves, basil leaves and a slice of lime wedge.
Ready in 25 minutes and serves 4
Nutritional Information (per serving)
This recipe was first published in the "Healthy Tasty Easy" cookbook by Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and Prime magazine.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.