- 8-inch lotus root, peeled and sliced thinly
- ½ medium carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Soak sliced lotus root in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes to remove excess starch.
- Heat sesame oil in a frying pan, add carrot and lotus root. Stir fry for a few minutes. Add soy sauce, cooking wine and sugar and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
Ready in 15 minutes and serves 4
Nutritional Information (per serving)
This recipe was first published in the "Healthy Tasty Easy" cookbook by Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and Prime magazine.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.