(Makes: 40 pieces | Preparation: 10 minutes | Baking Time: 15 minutes)
350g Bake King All-Purpose Plain Flour
15g Japanese Matcha Powder
250g Unsalted Cold Butter, cut into small cubes
150g Icing Sugar
1 Medium Egg, lightly beaten
50g Pistachio Nuts, toast and chopped
- Place butter in a mixing bowl together with sieved ingredients (flour, matcha powder and icing sugar); mix the mixture together using rubbing-in method or pastry blender till it resemble breadcrumbs.
- Slowly drizzle in beaten egg and fold the mixture together using a spatula.
- Stir in chopped pistachio nuts and continue to stir until it forms a dough.
- Roll the dough between two sheets of baking paper to form oblong/square shape. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight for better flavour.
- Cut dough into 5mm slices; place it on baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake cookies in preheated 200°C oven for 10 - 12 minutes until golden in colour.
- Cool them completely on a cooling rack before storing.
Source: Cuisine Paradise. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.