Singapore Cancer Society provides the following Cancer Screening services at no cost^:
- Faecal Immunochemical Test (FIT) Kit for Colorectal Cancer screening
- Pap Smear for Cervical Cancer screening
- Clinical Breast Examination for Breast Cancer screening
- Mammogram for Breast Cancer screening*
* For Mammogram:
- The cost of a mammogram screening varies across public and private breast screening centres. The SCS funding assistance will help to reduce the cost of your mammogram screening by $25.
- For “Screen for Life” screening centres, a typical mammogram will cost $138 (Before GST). After prevailing government subsidies and SCS funding assistance:
- Singapore Citizens will pay $25
- Permanent Residents will pay $50
- If you have valid orange/blue CHAS card, consider having your mammogram screening done at no charge at SCS Clinic @ Bishan.
- Breast Self-Examination for Breast Cancer screening
Cancer is the leading cause of death in Singapore. *16 people die from cancer while 37 people are diagnosed with the disease every day. As such, early and regular cancer screening is important. Cancer screening helps to detect cancer at an early stage when treatment offers a better chance of a cure. Early detection saves lives.
*Singapore Cancer Registry, Annual Registry Report, Trends in Cancer Incidence in Singapore, 2010-2014
^ Terms and conditions apply.
FIND OUT MORE