For the Pioneer Generation, the Pioneer Generation Package will provide them with a greater peace of mind that their healthcare costs will be taken care of in their golden years.
About 450,000 Singaporeans will receive benefits from the Pioneer Generation Package.
What are the benefits?
The package provides the following 4 forms of benefits, which the members of the Pioneer Generation will enjoy for life:
- MediShield Life
- Support for all Pioneers' MediShield Life Premiums with special premium subsidies (40% - 60%) and Medisave top-ups ($200 - $800).
- Born in 1934 and earlier : Premiums fully covered
- Born in 1935 to 1949 and fully insured under MediShield previously: Pay half the amount of premiums as compared to MediShield.
- All Pioneers will pay less premiums for MediShield Life than MediShield.
- Outpatient care
- Additional 50% off subsidised services at polyclinics and Specialist Outpatient Clinics.
- Additional 50% off subsidised medications at polyclinics and Specialist Outpatient Clinics.
- Enjoy subsidies at participating GP and dental clinics under the Community Health Assist Scheme (CHAS). Do remember to bring your Pioneer Generation card along when visiting a CHAS clinic.
- Cash of $1,200 a year for those with moderate to severe functional disabilities under the Pioneer Generation Disability Assistance Scheme.
- Medisave Top-ups
- Receive annual Medisave top-ups of $200 to $800 for life, with older cohorts of the Pioneer Generation enjoying a larger top-up.
|Age in 2014 (Birth Cohort)
4. Pioneer Generation Disability Assistance Scheme
For Pioneers who permanently need assistance in at least three of these Activities of Daily Living:
- Walking or moving around
Life-long cash assistance of $100 each month to help Pioneers with their care expenses.
Who is eligible?
The Pioneer Generation Package will be for living Singapore Citizens who meet 2 criteria:
- Aged 16 and above in 1965 (born on or before 31 December 1949), which also means they are aged 65 and above in 2014; and
- Obtained citizenship on or before 31 December 1986.