Hear from author Yohanna Abdullah and other members of Club HEAL as they discuss the pressing issue of mental health.
About this Event
This programme/event is open to members of the National Library Board, Singapore. Please ensure you have your myLibrary ID on hand before proceeding with the registration. If you do not have a myLibrary ID, you can create one here: https://account.nlb.gov.sg/.
About the Programme/Event
A collection of 15 true stories of struggle and healing shared with humour and compassion, Shattered, We Heal is a compelling narration that aims to shatter the stigma of mental illness. Mental illness is one of the most misunderstood illnesses. It can strike anyone at any time, and with devastating impact. Yet, the clients of Club HEAL featured in this book have demonstrated that given the right care–Hope, Empowerment, Acceptance, and Love (H.E.A.L)–they can learn to live and laugh again. Join us as author Yohanna Abdullah and other members of Club HEAL discuss the pressing issue of mental health and how we can all play a part, as a community, in helping others with mental illnesses.
About Club HEAL
Formed in 2012, Club HEAL aims to help Malay and Muslims cope with and recover from mental illnesses. Without support from caregivers and psycho-social support from the community, relapses are frequent, and many end up in the long-stay wards at the Institute of Mental Health (IMH) or, in the worst-case scenario, live on the streets. Club HEAL wishes to give people with mental health issues hope that their problems are not insurmountable, that they can be empowered to reach their true potential, that they need to accept their challenges with faith and perseverance, and that they are not alone and are deserving of love from their fellow human beings.
About the Series
The Time Of Your Life (TOYL) programme series features informative talks, creative workshops, book clubs, and learning communities for those aged 50 and above. Seniors can expect to stay relevant with these programmes that cover a wide range of topics such as health, personal finance, technology, and the arts.
NOTE: Registration is only approved if your myLibrary ID is verified.
Online Programme/Event Administrative Information
- This programme is conducted entirely online. You may access Zoom via the app or using a web browser
- Please ensure that you enter a valid email address as you will receive an email with the link to the online programme/event near the day of the programme/event
- The link of the programme should not be shared with others
- Do ensure you have a strong internet connection. Using your mobile data is not recommended
- The National Library Board, Singapore (NLB) reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify or refuse admission to any registrant without any reason and notice