Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 700ml chicken stock
- 1 lemongrass stalk, bruised and cut into large pieces
- 5 thick slices galangal
- 3 coriander roots or 6 stems, bruised, plus leaves to garnish
- 3 lime leaves, torn
- 6 large prawns, shelled
- 3 tbsp. Thai fish sauce
- 6 small green chillies, chopped
- 4 tbsp lime juice
- Bring the stock to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Add the lemongrass, galangal, coriander roots and lime leaves, then simmer for two minutes.
- Add the prawns, fish sauce, chillies and lime juice, then return to the boil. Taste and adjust the seasoning with either more lime juice or fish sauce, then garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Credit: PRIME Magazine Apr – May 2015 Issue. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.