Are you passionate about health? Do you wish to contribute to Singapore’s health promotion efforts?
We are a community of volunteers who live healthier lifestyles and inspire others to do so. Our volunteers participate actively in Health Promotion Board (HPB) programmes and/or self-initiate activities in the community. Eventually, we hope to grow a social movement for healthy living within Singapore.
Whatever your preference, there’s a role for you in promoting health with HPB!
As a Health Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to promote various health topics, in the following roles:
1) Motivator: Educate and inspire others to take small steps towards healthy living. Usually at roadshows.
E.g. Encourage passers-by to choose healthier ingredients at supermarket; Encourage residents to go for post-screening medical follow-up.
2) Recruiter: Encourage others to participate in HPB's programmes.
E.g. Encourage smokers to quit, through HPB's I Quit 28 Days Countdown.
3) Befriender: Build rapport with residents and encourage them towards a healthier life
E.g. Follow-up with residents weekly through telephone calls, and help them to identify small steps they can take to meet their health goals.
4) Workshop Facilitators: Conduct workshop and talks on various health topics in the community.
E.g. Conduct a 1 hour workshop on weight management for seniors at SACs, Conduct a talk on the various health financing schemes. (e.g. CHAS)
5) Physical Activity Group Leaders: Lead short exercise sessions for small groups in the community.
E.g. Lead a group of 30 seniors through exercises to improve their strength (e.g. Quick 6)
What are your next steps?
1. Register your interest at http://tinyurl.com/JoinHAN
2. Attend the Health Advocacy Workshop.
- Sign up for your preferred workshop date in the registration form.
3. Attend a training session for your preferred role.
- HPB will offer you various roles, based on your interest, skills and commitment.
Note: Different roles may be available at different periods of the year.
- Training session will equipped you with all necessary knowledge and skills for you to do your duties effectively!
4. Serve as a Health Ambassador. Regular volunteering opportunities will be provided.
“As Health Ambassadors, we are able to gain the latest health insights, so as to help ourselves, our family and friends lead a healthier life.” – says Lim Yoon Chin (Health Ambassador 2011 – Present)
Sign up your interest to be a Health Ambassador now!
For more information, visit www.hpb.gov.sg/healthambassador or call HealthLine at 1800 223 1313 during office hours.