Intergenerational Learning Programme (ILP)
ILP was initiated by Council for Third Age (C3A), organized by Family Central to promote lifelong learning and to forge intergenerational bonding between the youths and the seniors. In each ILP session, the youths teach the seniors or help to facilitate the elderly training to gain new knowledge and skills mostly on a one-to-one basis.
Interesting highlights of the programme include:
- Introduction to the ukulele
- How to care for your ukulele and tuning it
- Familiarising yourself with basic strumming & plucking techniques
- Learning how to play musical chords such as C, Am, F, G chords
- Playing 2 to 3 songs with the ukulele
- A mini performance at the end of the course with your student buddy
Please note that this is a basic course.
This is a fully subsidised course, each participant is entitled to attend 3 subsidised courses per calendar year
Programme – 2 sessions
Dates 17 October 2017 (Tue), 19 October 2017 (Thu)
Time: 3.00pm – 5.30pm
Venue: Woodgrove Secondary School
3 Woodlands Ave 6, Singapore 738990
Nearest MRT Woodlands (NS9)
a) 50 years old & above
b) Singaporean or Singapore PR
c) Must be able to commit and complete ALL sessions
d) Must be able to read, understand and converse in simple English/Chinese
e) The ability to read music scores would be preferred though not compulsory
To register: 1. SMS to 9296 3500 with “<NRIC NAME>, <COURSE NAME>, <EMAIL>” OR 2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries, call 6593 6474/ 9296 3500 (Mon-Fri, 9.30pm-6pm)
*NOTE: -Only successful applicants will receive a confirmation email and SMS. -All walk-in participants WITHOUT confirmation email and SMS will NOT be allowed to attend the sessions.
1. All information is accurate at the point of printing and distribution, and subjected to changes without prior notice.
2. The organiser reserves the right to postpone or cancel the programme due to unforeseen circumstances or low enrolment.